I Need Your Support

Guys, I need your support. Please vote for me so I can continue modding for Symbian. It's simple.

Login to your Facebook Account and Click this link and then click vote.

LINK

iPhone 4 Released. Let's Compare it with the Nokia N8




















Nokia N8 for me. Here are some key points. The iPhone 4 is quite snappy because of the fact that it has a 1GHz processor, Dedicated Graphics Chip, 512MB ram and quite frankly, a well developed and stable OS. This has been tried and tested.

While the Nokia N8, a Symbian^3 device is in it's early stages (in the Symbian^3 naming, at least), actually, most of the code, i believe is derrived from Symbian^1 and improved. I've seen some very promising improvements from the first videos that came out. It seems that it has gone a long way. One of the key points I would argue is that of the specifications.

The Nokia N8 has a 680MHz processor, 256MB RAM and a Dedicated Graphics Card as well. One would think this is "slower" than the aforementioned specifications of the iPhone, which is quite true in it's own right.

But here's the catch, the N8, while still being an unfinished product is already showing the smoothness of the Graphical User Interface, The capability of memory management and running multiple applications.

Those are the main things that one should consider. I believe the N8 is at par with the iPhone 4 in that regard.

Now, down to a bit of the features comparison.

The camera of the N8 simply makes the one of the iPhone's to look silly when it comes to image capture and performance in low light conditions. However, surprisingly, the iPhone has better FPS in video recording.

I take photos more than videos so the N8 wins a point for me there.

Here's the quick 101 on the rest of my reasons

Price, Availability, Community (Our lovely forum, of course Cheesy)

As a side note, screen resolution differences in small mobile phones really don't move me that much because the only time I will be watching something on it is if I'm bored out of my mind on a long road trip or flight. And to the normal human being, is the difference really that noticeable?

All of the above is my personal opinion. This is my choice as of the moment and might change in the future. Cheesy

3 comments:

  1. by the way, I want N8 homescreen move and be my nokia 5800 homescreen ^^

    thats so nice look pic of N8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me comment!

    The iPhone is a piece of crap. An overhyped, overpriced phone, with almost no knowledge. Only a badly coded Java API is available, no native coding or extension possible, while for Symbian, there is C++, C#, Python, Ruby, Java (what is a lot better coded than the iPhone one), Flash (and Lite), Qt, Silverlight, and a few more.

    And of course, the homescreen :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sephet - Lol. I agree, I also would like that on my device. And fonix232 and some others are working for this happen in the future.

    @fonix232 - I completely agree. If I get the chance to test the Nokia N8, I'll provide a detailed review as to why it is more bang for the buck than the iPhone will ever be.

    ReplyDelete

Please only comment about bugs or suggestions. No flaming. As a general rule, if you have nothing nice to say, don't speak.

Related Posts with Thumbnails